Saturday, June 15, 2013

Catch up .. weeks 20-24

I apologize for taking so long to write another update, I guess things have just been a little crazy for the start of summer!

We have had a busy few weeks, so I almost don't know where to begin.  Most importantly, everything with Baby McCoy is still going really well.  We had a 22 week follow up ultrasound because the baby was being so difficult last time, and were happy to hear that everything is nice and normal!  We also officially found out that we are expecting a baby girl.  We are incredibly excited to get to meet her in just a few short months.  We got to see her cute little face, and a profile view that revealed how flexible she is!  If you can't tell, she is bent completely in half with her knees almost touching her nose in the image below.  We might have a little ballerina on our hands. 
Kevin has had a very busy work schedule the past couple of months, so it was a treat that he had Memorial Day off (perks of a VA hospital rotation!).  His parents came to visit us for the long weekend, and we had a great time going on a couple day trips; Cooperstown, NY to visit the Hall of Fame, Skaneateles for some wine tasting and an ortho friends bbq.  It was also nice to be able to enjoy Kevin's company for once!
Otsego Lake in Cooperstown

Baxter and Kevin watching the Liverpool Memorial Day Parade

Before visiting my favorite ice cream shop in Skaneateles
We made a quick trip home this past weekend to help my parents move ten minutes down the road to a new house that will be perfect for this next phase of their lives.  I didn't manage to take any pictures because we were too busy, so I will have to grab some the next time we're home.  In other news, we have started on the nursery (I'll post an update soon!), and are just keeping busy with work and normal crazy summer schedules.

Overall, I still feel great, but have started to feel some discomfort from just being bigger than I am used to.  I know it is only going to get worse, but these pregnancy aches and pains are no joke.  The few things that bother me the most are fairly frequent heartburn (some days/weeks are worse than others) and swelling feet.  Luckily we have had very mild weather lately, so I have been sleeping great and don't have to worry about the heat!  Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks:
20 weeks
21 weeks
22 weeks
23 weeks
24 weeks
*Note: I have no opposition to posting my face in these pictures, the mirror in our bedroom was hung for a much shorter person, so I can't see my face!  Also you might notice that the dogs make frequent appearances in these pictures, it's not that they are that attached to me, it's because I usually take these in the morning right before it's time to feed them, they want me to hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment