Thursday, November 21, 2013

Kate's Nursery

I have been waiting to post about Kate's nursery because I wanted it to be completely finished before I did.  However, I have come to the realization that may never happen, so here is her nursery as it stands today.  I still need to hang the art on the wall above the crib, and I have big plans to make a mobile, a couple of blankets and crib sheets that coordinate with her room.  Hopefully that all gets done someday, but I'm not holding my breath.  I absolutely love everything about this room.  We planned the entire thing around the elephant fabric I found on spoonflower.com.  I made the crib skirt, the curtains and the changing pad cover.  The paint color is "robin's nest" by Benjamin Moore.  The dresser/changing table was a Craig's List find that we painted "Galapagos green" by Benjamin Moore.  The rocker and ottoman came from Kevin's grandmother, and the cushions were made by my very talented aunt.  The quilt was also a gift from the same aunt.  I hope it is a room Kate will enjoy for the next few years anyway, now we just have to get her to start sleeping in here!

This art will eventually be hung on the wall, along with wooden letter's spelling out her name.  I haven't decided what configuration I want yet, so they are still just propped on the crib. 
At least she seems to enjoy her crib while she is awake





 The dogs approve as well




No comments:

Post a Comment