Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Match Day!

I know it is taking me forever to finish posting about our Hawaii Trip, with Kevin back on his trauma rotation, life is busy around here.  I will get to it, I promise.  First, I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the fact that today is Match Day.  For those of you that don't know, Match day is when all the 4th year medical students across the nation get to open those envelopes that tell them where they "matched" for residency.  It is hard for me to believe that our match day was a whole year ago, and easy for me to remember how emotional and upsetting that day ended up being.  In retrospect, a whole year later, I realize how GOOD of a day that was for us!  With the impending arrival of new interns, we have just a few short months of being first years left, and I can officially say we had a wonderful first year. 
We bought our first house, which we painted and half way furnished:



We have enjoyed exploring the area, hiking, wineries, the Fingerlakes and such:









I got a new job, which I love, we survived our first (very mild) upstate NY winter


and Kevin loves his work.  From the beginning, we were welcomed with open arms in the the "Ortho Family" community at Upstate and we are so happy to have met so many wonderful people.  So for all the 4th years out there, Happy Match Day and remember to keep an open mind and realize that things will turn out way better than you expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment