Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Fun

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this, I had trouble uploading my photos.  I also don't have an actual working camera at the moment, so all of these are from my cell phone and poor quality.  Hopefully Santa knows that I need a new one for Christmas!

Kevin was lucky enough to have off on Thanksgiving and the day after, so we took advantage of this and joined my family on the farm (my aunt and uncle's) for the holiday.  It ended up being a smaller than usual gathering which ended up allowing us to have a really nice visit with those that were there, even though we missed everyone else.  We all love the farm, doggies included, so needless to say we had an awesome time!


 They were waiting for me ... and very anxious!
 Puppies enjoying the mud on a beautiful Thanksgiving Day!
 "hunting" for birds ... I did shoot a shot gun for the first time ever though.
 It is so peaceful there.
 Puppies were so worn out ... enough to curl up on the barn floor.
 Staring at chickens

When we got home, I took advantage of my last three days before starting work to decorate for Christmas.  There is something so much more exciting about decorating when you own your own home!  So even though we won't be here for Christmas, we can enjoy a whole month of decorations.

Living Room:

Family Room:
 

I made this to hang up our stockings since we don't have a real mantle .... I drilled 4 hooks into a board I found out in the garage and secured two of Kevin's deer antlers to it.  I love how it turned out.
 Our Tree, we decided to be budget friendly and put up the fake tree we purchased last year.  I was a little disappointed but I know we will have plenty of Christmases to get real trees.  The only things we actually bought for Christmas Decor this year were timers for the lights in the window, and a couple new strings of lights.  I even made some homemade ornaments out of baking soda, corn starch and water.


Dining Room:

 Gotta have those antlers incorporated somehow .. all of the greens our from our yard
 I bought a bag of cranberries, filled these jars with water and the cranberries float on top!  I got the idea from Kevin's sister who does this with a bowl of water.
 Our advent Santa .. I love him.
 Please excuse Kevin's "pile" on the chair .. I never want to put his stuff where he doesn't know where to find it, but then it ends up on a chair like this while I wait for him to put it away (which he did do).





 On another note, my first week of work went really well.  I was a little worn out, and it was definitely an adjustment from staying home and doing whatever I want all day.  I am still excited about my actual work, and happy to be making some money!  Since the dogs are now home about 9 hours a day by themselves we decided to risk mayhem in our house by leaving them out of their cages.  There has been no destruction so far, however we think this is where they are all day, backed up by evidence of bones, tennis balls and lots of white hair on both the couch and our bed at the end of the day.


Oh well, you can't really blame them .. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment