Sunday, November 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

The title of this post is almost a misnomer, because I am really starting to think of Syracuse as "home", however I do still refer to PA/DE as "home" and that is where I was for the past week.  I decided to go back for an extended visit when I found out that I don't start my new job until the end of this month, and I am really glad I did.  I got to attend University of Delaware's Homecoming and to spend time with family & friends as well as visiting friends from Florida (and baby Olivia!).  I am happy to be "home" in Syracuse now, I have a whole lot to do before I start work, including Christmas decorating (after Thanksgiving of course!)  I'll keep you updated.
Sara and me tailgating
We met Kylee at Deer Park

Juliana and me at Deer Park
Harley and Stephanie came out too
Laura has been my best friend since first grade, so her family is like a second family to me.  I was so happy to get to spend time with all of them this visit home and to meet Baby Olivia, who is her younger sister's new baby.  Just look at her, she's so beautiful and so alert for a 6 week old.  Sorry for the bad pictures, I just had my phone for the whole week.

 
Olivia and her mommy, Stacey

Even though I had a wonderful week, it was really nice to come home and see Kevin.  The dogs were happy to be home too:   
  

When we did get home all of the remaining leaves on our trees were gone!  We also got our first dusting of snow!  You can remind me of this in February when I am complaining, but I am excited for it to really snow.  So far the weather has been unseasonably warm .. even today it's in the high 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment