Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

I made this recipe last night because I was craving something chocolate and I had all the ingredients on hand.  They were amazing and I think you should go make this right now,  I mean, one of the best cake/brownie things I have ever head, possibly, I might have also just wanted chocolate that much.  Since it has been cold and rainy for the last three days, I figure I needed something yummy to cheer me up :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 c. water
1 c. pure canned pumpkin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger (I didn't have ginger, but used 1/4 tsp cumin instead)
12 oz. chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat sugar and oil, then add eggs, water and pumpkin. (I didn't bust out my mixer because of pure laziness ... the ingredients were soft enough to whisk)
Add dry ingredients and blend
Stir in chocolate chips
Pour in 9x13 greased pan and bake for 35 minutes

Enjoy!  Oh yeah, I added a little cream cheese icing to the top that we had leftover from cupcakes this weekend.  Definitely not necessary though!




No comments:

Post a Comment