Saturday, September 10, 2011

Take a Hike!

We have been really busy the past few days .. happily busy though!  Kevin had his first two full days off since starting residency, so we had a lot of stuff to catch up on.  I'll give you a clue to what we've been up to:


Yes, we painted our house! (and the shed)  Most of you know that I have not been a fan of the red since we moved in, so I am happy it has changed!  I will do a full post of the finished product once we get there; we still have a second coat to do and we have to figure out what color to paint the front door.  So stay tuned!

I mentioned before that Kevin has started a new rotation (ER) with a MUCH less time consuming schedule.  So even though he had to work today, he got home in time to do a dog walk.  It was a gorgeous day, so we ventured down to some state park lands near Tully, NY.  The area around Tully is beautiful.  It may help that the weather was perfect, but rolling farm land and picturesque farmhouses and barns just made me smile.  The hike we went on was called Shackham Pond trail and it was awesome, the dogs got to swim, the scenery was beautiful and Kevin and I got to enjoy each other's company.  I really enjoyed the time with him and the puppies, and while hiking/thinking I realized that I have  settled into really feeling at home here in Syracuse.  I've applied to two jobs that I think would be interesting and challenging (so cross your fingers that I get one of them!)  We really love our house, our neighborhood, the people we have met and especially the people in Kevin's program.  We feel very lucky that even though it wasn't our first choice, we ended up here.  I can honestly say I am looking forward to what the next five years has in store.  Enjoy some pictures from our hike:




Kevin was pointing out "fish" for B-man


Hi mom .. this is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment