Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Adam and Renee's Wedding

Sorry it took me a little while to resume posting after Kevin and I were home(in PA) for a week.   I also had a job interview on Monday, so I was a little preoccupied with that(cross your fingers, I am pretty excited about this position).  I wasn't sure anyone would notice, but I received a few reminders that I was slacking on blog posts, so here we go.

We had a wonderful week (plus a few days) at home, visiting family and friends and getting to do a lot of fun stuff.  We realize how lucky we were that Kevin had almost 10 days in a row off (unheard of during internship!), but we made the most of it and ended up getting some much needed quality time together!

First up was celebrating Adam and Renee's wedding (which was perfect!).  Adam is one of Kevin's best friends and was his best man at our wedding a year and some months ago, he was glad to return the favor and serve as Adam's best man last week.  The rehearsal dinner given by Adam's parents was at Porky Oliver's Golf Club in Wilmington, DE, and was a lot of fun, the food was delicious too!

The ceremony was held at Saint Joseph on the Brandywine Catholic Church in Wilmington, DE.  I am not usually a fan of catholic churches in general, they're just too ornate for my taste.  Which definitely has to do with growing up Quaker and attending Friend's Meeting in London Grove Meeting house which is plain and simple, however Saint Joseph's is a beautiful church.  I like it because it has clean lines and wooden beams and is simple and beautiful .. I know I said that already.

The reception was at The Hotel DuPont which is AMAZING, I knew it was going to be nice, but it really blew me away.   Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, all I had was my phone :( 



We had a fantastic afternoon!
The groom and his best man ... being ... themselves!   Kevin's speech was awesome by the way.
 My two dates for the evening, that's right I got two!
 I am my mother's daughter ... I took a picture of the food, but it was so pretty, and delicious!
 Bananas Foster for dessert???! yes please!

My handsome husband and myself
 Congratulations Adam and Renee!  We were so happy to share your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment