Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fair Hill!!

Fair Hill is probably one of our favorite places, so naturally we went to hike a couple of times while we were home last week.   It is a state park "Natural Resource Management Area" (I checked the website) bordering Pennsylvania and Delaware in Maryland with over 5,000 acres of walking/hiking/biking/running trails.  Yeah! 5,000!, so if you live in the area and you haven't gotten the chance to really appreciate what you have in Fair Hill, I suggest you go check it out.   5,000 acres also means you can complete a two hour hike and not see anyone else, except maybe in the parking lot, yeah we love it.  Our dogs LOVE it there too; all you have to do is say "Fair Hill" and they get excited .. actually I think all you need to say is "FH" and they get what you mean.  There are probably other people in the world that can claim this ... but I think Kevin might know, (I mean by heart) every single trail/field at Fair Hill.  It comes from his obsessive antler hunting in late winter.  He has walked every inch of that place, if you don't believe me, come over and I will show you the 13, 14, 15 antlers we have hidden away on display in my house.  Anyway, we did very much enjoy the time we got to spend at Fair Hill on our visit home.  Here are a few pictures of this awesome place:

We were joined by dad, my brother Harley and his girlfriend Stephanie (and everyone's dogs) the first day:

 Miss Em swimming:
 Harley being the "dog whisperer"

 The second time we went on a morning hike just the four of us McCoys:

 The light in the morning was awesome ... I wish I had a better camera.

 Can you tell I am always in the back? well mostly.  Our dogs are actually fairly good off-leash .. especially while on hikes.  They know to "heal" while on a path and that they can run around in a field when we say "ok".  They are horrible on leash, and must think that they have to "help" us along by pulling us.  Apparently "heal" doesn't mean the same thing with a leash hooked to your collar.
 "Sit and Stay"
 Baxter is saying ... "can we go yet?"
 Baxter "fishing"
 Some Fall colors.  I actually took this picture thinking it would be pretty framed as part of fall decor .. we'll see.
Thanks Fair Hill!  See ya in the spring.  If you really haven't ever been there and you live in the area, you seriously should check it out: Fair Hill Natural Resource Management Area

No comments:

Post a Comment